View Single Post
      10-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #24
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

I live in a small city. We do have some public transport. It has a lot of holes in coverage, and in my case, busses only go by at about 1.5 hour intervals...so, public transit is a last ditch choice! 90% of my drives are less than 20-miles RT. If I want to go to Boston, the nearest large city, I'd be near the maximum RT range of the stock vehicle - I could take my 'real' car, but parking for the smaller one is a factor, too. With the REX, the extra range, while maybe never needed, is there should I need to detour around an accident, or sit in the vehicle stopped in rush hour traffic, which in the summer, can be a real bear if you can't run the a/c! The REX would eliminate those concerns.

As I said on another post, BMW monitored the daily use of the MiniE customers, and found the average use was a 30-mile RT commute. Having 100 miles widens that margin by a lot. So, it also makes it useful when the city is your destination from the suburbs. FWIW, I would move before I'd commute into BOston from here every day, but still go there on occasion for recreation, shopping, museums, theater, etc, and the i3 should work out quite well (at least I'm hoping - won't know until I can actually sit in one and drive it!).
Appreciate 0