View Single Post
      11-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #34
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

BMWs strategy is to remain independent. Each division undergoes a management briefing where we are told time and time again that Independence is what the company strives for.

Many would like BMW. It will be the ultimate trophy.
But the blue propeller will not be placed on any boardroom in Michigan or Wolfsburg for that matter. BMW in its current guise is actually worth twice more than Mercedes-Benz. BMW is the No 1 premium car manufacture in the world, sales rise thanks to new and exciting product and niche models. And in the coming months far more expansive product is coming both on a volume and niche scale.

BMW has MINI and Rolls-Royce. Brands that were completely reborn under great investment and focused products that changed the perception of these brands.
One shows the benefit of automobile culture and the genius of product marketing . The other is the epitome of high class luxury.
Consider a rival with the same modus operandi that has (Maybach) and continues to crash and burn (Smart)

BMWi is a substantial investment it starts with the BMWi brand but will spread through every BMW group model , whether its a BMW , Rolls-Royce and eventually a MINI. The company SGL is very much under control of the Quandts and the investigation and development to bring mass volume production of CFRP has brought other industries to their door wanting to take advantage of CFRP. This is when the investment begins to pay off.
As other specific "transport" industries have sought expertise in the purchase and application of CFRP for their own industries. As does the auto industry particular the BMW-Toyota agreement , which will announce first details of their joint project at the Tokyo autoshow in November.

Other automobile manufactures know this and they are pissed they have missed this opportunity. As with the i3 and i8 BMW control the narrative on premium electric mobility no one else is even close. Daimlers comments about the i3 against the B-Klasse were according to industry analysts, words of panic. Which is expected a response from BMW.

The i3 and i8 are cars of a different nature there is nothing out there to even match up to their ideas and thinking. Comparisons between Tesla are just comparisons because they are electric. BMW does not have a competitor for the Model S. (Yet) just as Tesla does not have a competitor for the i3 (yet).

Full figures of customer orders have not been revealed yet - an announcement is coming prior to the US/Japanese premieres.
But in Europe, order an i3 today you can expect to take delivery in time for next summer.
Attached Images