Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
Awesome!

Scott26 any word on headway for BMW to get DOT approval of the laser light technology for the US bound i8's? Is this in the works or not at this time?

I am hoping it will be approved in time for the 2nd model year cars
A recent article on cleantechnica said:
Quote:
If you have the means to buy a new BMW i8, I guess the only thing “not to love” is the fact that you can’t buy one. They are 100% sold out, and BMW is making noises to the effect that this run of the 360 hp, 300 km/h hybrid supercar is going to be the ONLY run.
Don't know how much weight to put behind that but my sales manager says they've only been promised one with no indication it will be a running production. Might end up being like the 1M Coupe. Leave them wanting more. I guess that's a better problem to have than Porsche, who still have plenty of 918 allocations...looking into the GT3 wait list length the other day, the guy tried to up-sell me to a 918 when I mentioned my i8 order. The lack of concrete info from BMW is unprecedented. I don't think there has been any new official info (besides the videos) since the Press Release at the Frankfurt show debut in September.
Appreciate 0