View Single Post
      05-03-2014, 02:52 PM   #77
Hockey Guy
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i, X5 35d

Loved the Chris Harris review as always. He finished by saying the car was a "mighty achievement." He understands that BMW has done something that only well-financed and imaginative companies can do, which is truly explore the next-generation(s) of their products and the emerging marketplace.

I am a hardcore M fan/driver and yet I love the looks of this car. Looks are subjective and it is obvious that not everyone is pleased, but I think it is a fantastic first take on the technologies that will be finding their way into all BMW s over time. If technologies from this car and the new BMW-Toyota partnership can make my next M car or two that much better, I am all for it. They will also make all BMWs better and competitive to what is coming from other brands.

I also don't think this is necessarily a car for posers. Sure, there will always be some who buy it for that, but there are a great many within the BMW brand that want quality, luxury and to know that they are experiencing the latest that great thinking can deliver...within a brand they like and trust. This car is a stunning achievement in the current automotive marketplace. I would love to drive one and I suspect I will be getting good portions of it over time in my M cars.
Appreciate 0