View Single Post
      05-07-2015, 07:03 AM   #88
JohnS2K
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW I8

Exclamation In reaction to ...

Hi Guys, I'm a newby on this forum. A friend of mine indicated me that there was a thread about my car. The thread gave me the feeling that the moderaters don't feel the need to stick to the topic as it's now more of a discussion about electric, hybrid or combustion engines that will rule the world or are the solution .....

Aren't you all car lovers or petrolheads who discuss there admiration about specially BMW but also cars in general on this forum ?

Anyway, in reaction to all what's said about the dragrace that started this thread:

No, the I8 has no engine tuning
Yes, it's 2 centimeter lowered by Manhart Racing
Yes, the wheels are Manhart Racing
Yes, I won at this short track but wouldn't on the 1/4 mile to none of the components, simply the electric torc and 4 wheel drive that gives the advantage over the two wheel driven cars from a stand still.
No, the I8 is not a supercar, it simply has not enough horsepower. The car itself would be able to handle more horsepower as it handels superb on the track.
Yes, the I8 has the looks of a supercar and draws a lot of attention on the road
Yes, we love to drag against each other and see how our cars perform, we are all friends and take the opportunity to make fun, always with respect for our cars and ourselfes.

For me .... I bought the I8 because of it's futuristic approach as hybrid and styling. The mat white wrap does the shape of the car good. I enjoy driving it despite off the lack of engine noise and it's emotionless driving characteristics.

I'm not gonna try to convince anybody based on my emotions or motivation but it's a real privilege to drive this car every now and then.
If and when BMW brings out a stronger version it will sure be on my bucket list
Appreciate 0