View Single Post
      07-29-2015, 01:18 PM   #37
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

FWIW, the I-program should not be looked at as an I-series unique investment. Everything learned and refined on the use of CFRP is being used in their entire line to make things stronger, lighter, and to do things that are just plain impossible with steel or aluminum. IOW, the investment initiated to make the I-series possible, is a game changer for their entire product line, and will differentiate them from the rest for at least a few years. Everyone else that uses CFRP uses a different method that takes MUCH longer to produce parts with less precision and more labor. BMW even figured out a way to reuse some of the cutoffs and scraps in reinforcing sections of the I-series vehicles to minimize waste and make things stronger.

Apple has their way of doing things...they do them for a reason...just like in the I-series, but not everyone likes all of the choices they made. I for one, find some of the Apple stuff restrictive. It has made them safer from a networking standpoint, but I don't always agree on their decisions, and have not felt the need to embrace them. Some people feel the same way about BMW and the i-series cars.
Appreciate 0