United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3JETS View Post
Lol. My dealer has 48 i3s and 8 i8s in stock and 12 of them are 2014 model year

The GM of the dealership say they are the worst performing lineup he has seen in a long time. He said it is even worse than the 5 series GT, 3 series GT and X4. Pretty sad for BMW.

I wouldn't be surprised if BMW pulls the plug and kill the i3 stateside next year.
EV's suffer from reduced range in colder climates, your local dealer should not have taken so many of them on, the market in the north is different than in the south and markets vary depending on state incentives too. BMW will not pull the plug, you are aware of the credits they get from the US government, right? Not to mention that every BEV i3 they produce brings up their average MPG across their lineup allowing them to sell more M cars.

----

They made the Prius look the way they did in hopes to sell more Hydrogen Fuel Cell Toyota Mirai's, the two cars look nearly identical, almost like the same car but with two different engine options. I don't know why they did this but outside of California I think it will hurt the Prei's sales, I wouldn't be caught dead in it, but I wouldn't be caught dead in any Prius.

----

No one is forced to like the i3, like no one is forced to like anything, but to spout off how awful it is without knowing what you are really talking about only makes you look like a fool to those that are actually in the know. The i3 is selling fine despite some dealers with large inventories, in the 4 months I've owned mine the i3 FB group has doubled in member size. Low fuel prices are hurting all EV sales, but those that are on the edge of deciding should go take one for a drive, it is like nothing else out there. You would be surprised how many new owners previously owned M3's and 335i's. Once you drive it, it just grows on you.
Well said my friend!

I owned a 135is and a z4 and enjoyed them greatly but I equally like the i3 for different reasons. Traded the 1er for the i3 and have no regrets.

Heck with all the incentives the car only costed me the same as a well optioned out Mini Cooper! With dealer incentives and state and government incentives the price was like 17.5k off msrp of 52k. Not including the trade difference witch knocked off a few grand on top of that.

Yea I know about that nasty blue concept Toyota did for the hydrogen fuel cell and the car looked as if it ate another car and was trying to poop it out its rear!

Thing is heinous. They should have not chosen that design to make their other EV's follow.
Appreciate 0