X3paul
Banned
Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
Best car bmw makes today...will not bother to explain that statment but test one with an open mind, remind yourself its the 21st century and you will see I am right.
I will do you one better than test driving - I own an i3, and can tell you conclusively that it is NOT the best car BMW makes today.

It serves its purpose well (upscale econobox commuter), but really is not BEST at anything (see i8 and M3 if you need further elaboration).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
I love my i3 [...] In town the i3 is very quick, I think it would have blown my e46 ZHP 6MT away 0-40. [...] I don't recal where a I read or heard it but if a car drives well, it will be liked even if it isn't as attractive as it could be ...
Unfortunately, most of us exceed 40mph in our daily commute, which is where the i3 comes short in handling, stability, acceleration, and economy. Mind you, it's still usable, just not all that enjoyable at highway speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3JETS View Post
Lol. My dealer has 48 i3s and 8 i8s in stock and 12 of them are 2014 model year

The GM of the dealership say they are the worst performing lineup he has seen in a long time.
Sorry, your dealership is run by morons.

There is no other logical explanation as to why they would have 48 models of the same car (i3) in inventory for any other reason. Especially, if many of them are last year's models that haven't moved.

a
Long debate but the m3, m5 x5 the new 7 etc are great cars but the competition allready makes similar models as good or better than that. Take the new 7. Close match to the s class but i am sure the new a8 will better it. Now the i3? There's nothing like. Apart from beeing a bit expensive its a great machine. For me the first 21st century bmw. Put a smile on my face the only time I drove it, something my f25 x3 never did in 4 years ownership. The i8 its good but the poor interior plastics on a car worth 100K let it down...and its too big for its purpose - sports car - so apart from beeing the best look at me thing out there doesnt have much purpose.
Appreciate 0