Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by afadeev
Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
By the way did you see the newly refreshed model s front end? Took more of a model 3 / model X front end now. Not sure if I'm a fan, def not a wow ! More of an eh..... Technically they don't need one, but for a whole new facia and headlight they could have updated it more.

Headlight looks cool but it's the same shape. :/
You mean this:
http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...grille-opening

I have to confess - the grill-less front end is still growing on me. Not because I mind it visually distasteful, rather, because I'm used to seeing it there, and its absence is intuitively disconcerting.

I can get used to grill-less designs, though the one on Model S's proportions make it easier to swallow than Model X's:
http://www.teslarati.com/details-beh...odel-s-update/

It will certainly make car easier to wash ;-)

a
Yea it is a cleaner design but since it's the face of the car I think we as customers are accustom to seeing a grill and without one seems odd. Kind of like the EV1 reminded me of the face of the aliens on Independence Day (ID4)

It didn't have a mouth and looked odd.
But I think their where some designs people did where they reworked that upturned nose and it worked rather well.

But it's all relative and don't think it will make buyers walk but just wish maybe they could have stretched the design a bit more since it's a refresh and borrows to much from the X and 3
Never liked when they started making the more expensive car look like the cheaper car.

Like the new charger looked more like a big dart after its refresh.

Yea getting rid of the nooks and crannies is good for a slippery shape and clean ability but hey your not mudding it around

I'm glad they at least put something their instead of the completely grill less design of the 3, It's possible the 3 will have this treatment as well so they all have a family appearance.

Like the kidney grills on BMW's
Appreciate 0