View Single Post
      05-14-2016, 11:07 AM   #74
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

I for one love my EV. And since we bought it it's changed our mind so much we want to add another to the stable,

As far as energy footprint I pay a premium for solar energy from where I live so no carbon footprint added their.

My cost per kilowatt HR is a little over 7 cents so my electric bill went up about 30 dollars a month with heavy driving as the car is never depleted to 0, With my 135is I was spending 240 a month in fuel so on average I'm saving 200 a month from my last car. Our x5 is a gas gobbler so cutting that out will also be nice.

The car will never rust or corrode so it will look nice for ages, it was designed from the ground up as an EV so the premium doesn't quite work with the i3 like a golf or smart car as their are cheaper versions of the car, it's got carbon and cool materials and that comes with a premium price regardless if it's EV or not.

And with all the incentives and price reductions from the dealer my fully loaded i3 was priced that of a well optioned Mini Cooper, What's not to love! Plus both my downtown areas have free charging and premium parking spaces for EV's so we don't have to go round and round like the rest of the people fighting over parking.

That may change with 500k tesla 3's running around but I'm enjoying it now.

Design - Love it ! It's unlike anything I see on the road everyday, it's fresh, it's cool to see driving down the road and happy it doesn't look like every other BMW made. It was shocking at first and wasn't sure of the design but the more I looked at it and drive it I fell in love with the car it's great regardless what people think I love the car and that is all that matters!

I really think it talks to the younger generation as they crawl all over it and act like its the coolest thing, just it's priced out of their range so the used market might be the best bet.

I still remember the first generation z4 all the BMW fans where out calling it hideous and the end of BMW, I still think the z4 coupe and vert has aged so well it still looks great and is timeless as far as modern cars go.

I love the strong reaction the car brings whether it's negative or positive it gets an emotional response which says a lot as many cars now are just emotionless designs of the month. I think many people think it's pretty cool and many think it's strange looking as they have nothing to compare it to, can't say it looks like anything else on the road and I respect that. Could give a rats patute of what people think of the car as it fits my lifestyle perfectly!

This car I can say will last me 20 years and when the batteries need replacing I'll feel good that they will have a second life in a home solar system or wind turbine vs a land fill, and I'll enjoy the cars second life with greater range as this may be the last daily driver I will likely have to ever buy again.
Appreciate 0