View Single Post
      09-02-2016, 07:07 AM   #106
IS350
IS350 to IS-F to M3 and M4
Rep
Drives: 2015 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolf View Post
I saw this earlier but I didn't want to say anything because I already called him out earlier on another post.

Here's the thing, most people don't really understand what the BMW i8 really is, nor do they know the figures that it produces or the kind of performance that it has. I have seen all the back and forth debates and comparisons to the Tesla when this car is actually closer to the Porsche 918 than it is to a Tesla. So most people make opinions from their guesses of what they think it is.

But I am not the i8 police and I digress.
I miss the torque feel and translation into overall speed, is what I meant. I realize the M4's higher horsepower also plays a role here. My friend's M4 has a couple mods, but even my base M4 felt faster/more immediately torquey and the shift settings, more aggressive. 0-60 times are also faster in the M4, according to most if not all reviews. I also wish it wouldn't up-shift on its own. But of course, I still enjoy the ingenuity of the i8!

Btw, feel free to "call me out" on any post. I didn't notice where you did previously, but I'm all about sharing information and perspectives in a friendly manner.

Regarding the all electric Tesla you mentioned, If only looking at 0-60 times, in insanity mode, it's no fair. Under 3 seconds for them! But yes, hybrid setup, there are i8 similarities to the 918 & LaFerrrari or even the McLaren P1, on a much different scale, of course.

Last edited by IS350; 09-02-2016 at 07:46 AM..
Appreciate 0