View Single Post
      02-20-2017, 04:01 AM   #90
Barago
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i8/ghibli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph335 View Post
Lots of assumptions here on income levels and owning multiple exotics. Not going there. Its not a money convo. "In its class" that the i8 competes in is very competitive. $150k range brings up many good looking, great sounding, class leading, innovative, high performance options!

To further clarify I am definitely NOT pointing out you can go faster for cheaper.

The point is the i8 is confused like the amphibious cars pf the past. Not great boats, and not a great cars. Doesn't do anything well but to some it looks great! (Choice).

Hybrids will be an obsolete platform very soon. the i3 and i8 power-terrain really just doesn't make much sense in the market. It was an odd decision by bmw, and now every brand is doing hybrids. Why? Just go all battery and get some great benefits like carpool lanes.

So lets talk about hybrid exotics... well... they are all insane fast. The i8 just isnt.

You buy an i8 for the look and "choice" as mentioned above. I get it. People like what they like, doesnt have to be fast, or make any sense at all aka barrett jackson, HA!.

If bmw released this car all battery with a decent range it would be a ground breaking innovation leader, and well deserved for all the press.

Remember clarksons comment about the R8?

Followed longboarder for a while now and watched your sc M3 at the airstrip, the 997tt is equally impressive. Modded 997tt is a car I've followed since new (innovative class leader and incredible performance)
It's already been said that most i8 owners can indeed afford a R8 or something in that price range which is "faster" etc- but the key point here is that the i8 makes these particular owners happy. This is the case even if it's not full electric or faster than all the other cars in its segment.

I don't get your rant here. If you dislike the i8 so much, why exactly are you reading and posting in the i8 forum?

Gutting 335i's and making them faster than M3's is a hobby some people enjoy- others enjoy cool new Halo-cars from brands like BMW. Enough of this BS.

Last edited by Barago; 02-20-2017 at 04:16 AM..
Appreciate 0