View Single Post
      08-30-2017, 10:32 PM   #143
baldyloxx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i3Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Actually I get 120 miles per charge out of mine if I drive light footed.

Though so far it's actually pretty accurate for normal driving.

But people forget, this car was designed for urban city dwelling like me in Chicago. The infrastructure is their and that's what BMW's selling it as. It was designed to show off their new CFRP tech and battery tech. Theirs not a city in the world that the i3 doesn't do great in for range. Plus with all the free charging all over the place I never go below half charge on my longest commutes The normal US commute was not its intention nor was it's design.

Now don't get me wrong BMW would love to sell them in droves obviously but in the end the i3 and i8 are just design statements to show off their investment which is trickling down to all of the other range of vehicles from the 7 series on down.

Hey at the end of the day it's just another option for people to get from point A to point B, if you hate it that's great, that's your opinion same as if you love it. It's just more options, can't think of a more boring world to live in if we didn't have options.

Also as a designer myself please understand that design is subjective and theirs different strokes for different folks, theirs all sorts of design, beautiful, quirky, utilitarian, I can go on and on but for a little city dwelling vehicle showcasing what BMW thinks is their future thinking in mobility and connectivity it is a great exercise .

It was not to long ago when BMW was playing with flame styling that every BMW fan was crying fowl and saying this new disgusting design direction would bankrupt the company, well it took a few generations of vehicles but they got it to work well. It's not easy braking new ground. The ones who do not innovate and take risks are the ones left behind.
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1937.50