View Single Post
      06-12-2021, 08:56 AM   #8
Love2customized
Rep
Drives: Bmw i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Yes it's a direct bolt in. Even the end links are Carry over. However you need two new sway bar holders with new rubber. So 3 parts in total.

The will technically be every part the i3S minus the larger battery and programming for the extra oomph. But since mine is a 2014 my lighter battery does help me keep some speed.

Once someone cracks the programming part of it ...if ever then maybe one day it will have the speed to match. But their already so close in speed anyway it's really about the better handling the new i3S suspension gives you over the original.

This is just showing how you can get a i3S like vehicle on a budget at the moment lol...

With how cheap 2014 I3 are at the moment it gives you lots of room to mod and still have plenty of thousands to go before getting close.

The fact I paid 8k for this REX out of Washington and the cheapest i3S at the moment I can find is somewhere in the mid 20's to mid 30's

This gives me plenty of room to have fun and still come out ahead. I think all in all be around 12k give it take. Thanks to eBay and car-part for finding cheap parts!
I am upgrading a i3 94ah to i3s spec as the i3s was never sold where I am. An i3s firmware upgrade is already possible and available but is only available my <94ah onwards. This part I have done and so now I am working on the handling. I want to know if you have some photos of the i3s sway bar available, was it much thicker? Also did you feel much different with it installed.

Sorry for all the questions, I am just super excited that someone has done this!

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0