View Single Post
      08-20-2023, 05:27 PM   #2
H1GhPwR
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 94Ah

As no one has replied yet with any helpful comments, I decided to proceed on my own.

After fiddling with ISTA+ settings and getting the install folders for SDP files right, ISTA+ worked like a charm.

I decided to stick with the SDP v.4.39.20 data set that came with ISTA+ 4.39.20 Standalone as it sounded more "safe" for me to rely on the same ISTA release files. Nevertheless it is the first time I am using ISTA+, so i might be wrong and one could just replace SDP datasets with newer versions?!

I was easily able to hook up my car via ENET cable, perform vehicle identification and then run a measure plan. Cleared all actual fault codes and then "Software update" showed me the possibility to update to I001-22-11-510.

I donīt know why there are different I001-22-11-5xx versions but it gave me 510 to update to.

I ran the calculation check and set off. 75 long lasting minutes later, everything was fully updated. I must say I was a little nervous as I didnīt want anything to go wrong... but it worked out flawlessly.

Only 1 flashing didnīt proceed at all, that was TTS, which was stuck at 0% while all other flashings proceeded to 100% each time. ISTA+ nevertheless didnīt report any errors or faults at the end. My assumption is that TTS is "Text To Speech" which I might just not have "enabled" or "integrated" in my car VO ?!

First test drive went smooth without check warnings and I noticed the new graphics, visuals, menu orientation and menu options straight away. I then set up all the individual settings again that get saved with your driverīs key.

All in all a success - next step will be coding such as CarPlay full screen , etc etc.

Last edited by H1GhPwR; 09-01-2023 at 12:57 AM..
Appreciate 4