darylp310
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Garage List
2023 BMW iX50  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber2142 View Post
In case TJA/HA is not available, could you also tell me if ACC+Lane keeping assist is enough in traffic jam situation? I'm guessing lane keeping assist alone is more like feedback+correction unlike lane centering/Tesla's auto-steer.
The regular ACC+Lane Keeping assist is more than sufficient for your situation. Like you, I also have knee and leg pain, I try to avoid touching the accelerator and brake as much as possible. Rest assured, even without TJA/HA enabled the regular BMW Driving Assistant is more than capable to suit your needs.

I've been driving my iX50 for the past six months, and I'd say I engage the Driving Assistant about 90% of the time on both city streets and highways. It works wonderfully and I rarely need to touch the pedals.

The magical part about TJA/HA is that you don't need to touch the wheel at all. This is amazing when stuck in traffic, I often go 30-40 minutes without touch the wheel. But otherwise, the TJA/HA behavior is exactly the same as the regular Driving Assistant. The iX perfectly handles steering and braking for you. It's extremely smooth and humanlike, and not jerky or unpredictable at all -- which I suffered through when I had a Tesla Model X.

Since you live in a big city, you probably have a pretty big Turo inventory of iX's near you. So I recommend renting one for a full day so you can try out all the Driving Assistant functions. I rented a few times here in Los Angeles, and the overall satisfaction I got driving the iX sold me to move forward and get one for myself.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1