View Single Post
      09-10-2023, 08:35 AM   #9
Young04
Captain
Rep
Drives: iX, i4 and 392 Wrangler

I have a 2023 iX M60 (with air suspension) and an earlier 2020 X7 (with air suspension, IAS, but no active roll bars). I would generally echo what KRS_SN has stated. The X7 is a little softer on most roads, but big bumps can get a bit crashy. In the iX, you feel big bumps less. You asked about speed bumps and here I think my iX is superior. In the X7, speed bumps can cause the entire car to undulate in a way that the iX does not. I would rate overall ride quality as slightly better in the iX, but I can certainly see how someone would say that the X7's ride quality is better as it is definitely more plush on average roads.

iX is quieter at low speeds (no engine noise obviously), but on the highway, the X7 is quieter. As mentioned above, interior quality in the X7 is better as well. Doors close more solidly (front doors of the iX sound like utter crap) and there are more hard plastics in the bottom half of the iX's cabin.

A big plus for my M60 (which, I believe, has a different suspension set up than even the 50s with air suspension) is its handling. Its ride/handling balance is downright outstanding. It handles somewhere in between an X5 M50/M60i and an X5M while delivering ride quality that is at least in the same ballpark as the X7.

Edit: I had a 2022 X5 M50i with DHP for about a year. I did not have both that X5 and iX at the same time, so my comment about the iX M60's handling being superior to the X5 M50's handling is based on memory.

Last edited by Young04; 09-10-2023 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 1