View Single Post
      09-13-2023, 04:00 AM   #1
zorgzx
Private First Class
Denmark
Rep
Drives: I8 Coupe

Again, Battery replacement NO ONE ?

So this topic has been beat to death, but bear with me.

So upgrading 20000USD batteries to go from 30-50km range is just plain stupid.

There should be aftermarket upgrades, but the only one I found is 8000USD. wich is nice but still just the same 7kw battery renewed.

If anyone knows someone that puts newer cells in old case please do post or write.

however I found the price of the LCI 2019+ modules is now below 1000eur. This means 6x packs is round 4-5K eur for complete raplacement to brand new 11kw pack.

My 2014 is 150Kkm. Most of my driving is in EV mode as it fits my commute so I've charged 2x day for 5 years and its still workable, if range have gone down a bit. No I dont really need it but I like my i8 and have spare cash.

So I'm looking to go forward with this with my local bmw shop. But before I do I'd like to hear if anyone know anyone that did it.

Did anyone put LCI modules in a Pre LCI car ? only post I can find says something about the fusebox or harness have to be swapped (its a 500eur part that says includes harness. But the post is very slim on details.

Anyone know anyone who did it, or know why it fails ?
As far as I can tell its the same voltage batteries so basicly the car should just charge longer and last longer.

Thanks for your time.
Appreciate 1