02-02-2024, 01:18 PM   #313
Incarniac
Human
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbs73 View Post
Not long to go then! Hope it all goes well.

I'm two weeks in and really happy with it. Only issue I've had is someone triggering the ring doorbell as they checked whether they were going to steal it! Fortunately the chime set the dog off and was on the phone to the police in less than 10 minutes!

The guy did check the badge on the boot, so wondering whether when he realised it was an M50 and not an M440i, he wasn't interested.

Steering lock does go on every night now
Ouch, yeah I had someone with a hoodie doing the same thing up my drive a couple of months ago; sniffing around my car (which was an M440i). Neighbour's camera covers most of our drive and comes with a floodlight that triggers. Neighbour showed me the video and how for a moment the person froze like a rabbit in headlights before quickly scampering off. I've been putting a steering lock on since I first got the car, and I think that and the light and camera put him (or them) off.

My M50 arrived yesterday, via Tusker delivery. Delivery was smooth and quick, car arrived in full new condition as it should (like showroom except a little dirt from the 10ish or so miles they drove the car to mine - it is winter after all).

Took it out for a spin yesterday evening after work, and it's pure excellence. Haven't had much time to play around with it yet, but I love it (I knew I would).

Today I sold my M440i back to the dealership I got it from - they gave me what I considered a very reasonable price.

Next is to get a home charger sorted...! (Should/could have done that a while ago but been various other non-car stuff going on recently so it's not been a high priority)