View Single Post
      04-17-2024, 05:34 PM   #3
Norbimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i3 120, iX 50

I currently drive an iX50 and had a G05 45e before the iX. I have only driven the iX 5000 km so far and had about 45 0000 km in G05 45e. I cannot share any insight on cost of maintenance as both have been company cars.

I was worried about range and more so waiting times to even get to a charger when driving to the mountains during peak season. Have taken two trip and have had zero issues. Point is I think your experince of the range will be very much depending on the availability of chargers, not so much the range itself if the charger network is good. I get approx 380 km out of the iX in winter, 21” winter tires, rood box and 5 people with luggage. The main killer of range is speed, above 130 km/h there is a steep drop off.

I have taken the G05 on trips thru Europe and if your driving often is long deives, high speed on Autobahn, I would chosse the G05.

G05 feels a little more exclusive in the interior,
G05 comfort seats are better
G05 laser lights are better than iX lasers
G05 is easier to mount roof rack and perceived to guve less wind noise. I have Thule wing bars to both cars.
G05 is more flexible in the trunk, the ficed covers on the iX is not as easy to handle as a roll-up cover.
G05 has split tailgate which I like.

iX is roomier in the cabin (but not luggage)
iX HK sound is better than G05 HK
iX HUD is better
iX heating is instant with heating package
iX is even more silent than already silent G05
iX feels more planted on the road (air suspension in both)
IX power is great

What would I choose today? I would probably choose the G05 as it offers basically everything and has less limitations vs the iX. Both are great cars.
Appreciate 3
ricerboi906.50
KRS_SN13731.50