View Single Post
      04-25-2024, 01:41 PM   #91
Toastmaster
Rep
Drives: Bmw ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pictor View Post
Is this the dealer on the east side or the one by the International District?
Eastside (BMW of Bellevue).

He just finished and it looks like they're going to need to replace the CCU, just like for ok31.

Some interesting tidbits for others that stumble upon this:
1. Apparently the shop just got another case of this issue on an i4, that it doesn't charge at their home or other homes, but does L2 charge at public places.
2. Apparently the voltage at homes is different than at the dealer/commercial (single vs 3 phase), so this is why my car was able to charge fine at the dealer with my charger boxes.
3. When I brought my car into the dealer last week and they said there weren't any codes, in fact there was a code but it was a generic "couldn't charge" code, which can apply to an issue on the car or charger.

The service foreman brought an i4 and it was able to charge fine at my home, so clearly it's something wrong with the car.

That things were working until the most recent software update was applied also leads me to believe that something with that update affected the CCU. It sounds like more and more reports are being surfaced as more and more cars are getting these updates, and I hope that others won't have to go through having to prove the entire matrix of charging/car combinations before getting traction.

If you stumble upon this thread and are having a hard time getting the dealer to fix it, if you're able to get another car to charge at your home successfully, that should be enough evidence. And I guess point out the voltage differences in residential vs commercial power in the US.
Appreciate 0