View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #61
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Both the BMW i8 Spyder and i3 Coupe concepts are 90% the production i3 and i8 models.
The reason why we have showed you just variants of these two models instead of anything outwith the i3 and i8 is because we want to keep the public updated. We want to show you the progress these cars are taking because at first with the i3 and i8 nobody believed that they would make production looking as they did.
The further concepts provide that window that shows the progress and also answers that question that yes they will look as striking as the initial concepts.

By 2020 BMW expect to have a full range of BMW i models available, currently under development within BMW in Munich and Toyota in Japan is our smaller i8 model. But BMW are looking at other concepts for the brand such as an i1 City car, a mid-line sedan and a SAV model.
As I said they are looking at, as for now the current priority is the i3 and i8 and bringing them to the market.

The goal for BMW i is to bring individuality in sustainability to the premium segment , A BMW i car will always have a distinctive design and drivetrain.
One thing a BMW i car will never be is a conventional electrified BMW model .