View Single Post
      02-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #34
Paul-Bracq-BMW
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1981 323i, sports M5, LSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Define "better". Are there other high-end brands out there that are lesser known? For sure but "better"? Don't think you can make such a statement. Louis Vuitton is one of, if not the, biggest fashion houses in the world. When you're talking about high-end fashion, it's Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Chanel, Gucci and Prada.

According to your logic, all popular brands that have consumers buying the product don't know anything about the product, you just can't make that generalization. Heck, to somebody on the street, you're just another guy that drives a BMW because it's a BMW.
Also Luis Vuitton still make their products in their own workshops in France, Italy, Spain and... The USA and using the highest quality materials and are designed to last a long time. That explains the price they command. Of course what the brand is worth in the eyes of consumers explain the price of the LV pieces (but you don't command these prices based on Marketing only, quality plays a massive role)... BTW most of the "LV" stuff you see out there are probably fake due to a massive counterfeiting industry, but I can tell you firsthand the real thing is great quality and lasts for ages...

Some facts on LV here: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_L...de_of?#slide=1