View Single Post
      05-28-2014, 11:39 AM   #7
KlokWerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Drove one in Spokane this last week.
The dealership here has a Mega and Giga. Both were all EV no REX.

I drove the Mega. The interior was nice, but not as good as the Giga. The two tone upholstery and eucalyptus wood really made a difference. The Mega just felt cheap. Considering the price, BMW should have made the entry model better.

The acceleration that everyone talks about is no joke. The car is quick off the line. And the sound! What sound? It was very weird going that fast without all of the rumble and exhaust music.
The handling was great. It definitely felt more like a go-cart than my Mini S! It has a great tight turn radius. Perfect for scooting around town.

Having the drive selector on the column and how you rock it forward or back was different. Having to press a button to put it into park was awkward.
I found out that if you leave it in park then get out of the car, it shuts down. You have to restart it when you get back in. That was weird.

The cabin was as roomy as I read. At least in the front of the car. Lots of head room and for a car this small, it definitely felt larger than it looks. The seats were comfortable, but wouldn't feel too good after a couple hours of driving around. I wonder how well the materials would hold up over time.

Rear seating was a little tight. I'm 6'-3" but fit fine. I wouldn't want to be back there for too long though. Good thing I do most of the driving in the family. But with how fun the i3 is to drive, I think we'll all be fighting for who gets to mash on the go pedal!

The carbon fiber can be seen in just the right places. However, it's not very pretty. If you're used to a nice tweed weave look of carbon hoods and the like, you'll be disappointed here. It's all go and no show. The best word I have to describe the car is honest. It's honest in how it uses its materials. Nothing is trying to be something that it's not.

I could go on and on. I was very impressed. But there were a few ??? moments. Like when closing the doors. You really have to slam them shut. And when you do, its like the doors are shaking and the panels wobble a little. Also, the rear camera is in an odd place. Right in the middle of the bumper above the license plate.

The dealership is getting another shipment soon and one of them is going to be another Mega but in Solar Orange Metallic. I really want to see this color in person. If I really like that, I'll be placing an order soon!
Appreciate 0