06-19-2014, 03:40 PM   #14
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Drove one today at an event. Pretty cool little car and does what it was intended to do very, very well (as far as I could tell from test drive anyway). Only issue for me is the price. Built one online to the tune of $55k. Just not sure it makes sense at that price point.

I may give it a closer look when my 335 lease is up though. It does make a lot of sense for a lot of the driving we do right now, short, around town stuff.. Just not sure it makes sense at just a few thousand less than a well equipped 335.
The only way to get one that expensive is the Tera trim level with the REx. I wasn't all that overwhelmed by all leather, and for around town, the REx probably isn't a great idea, either. I think people will be very happy with it IF they can either rent or borrow or have a second car for longer trips. I would NOT consider the i3 with a REx as a full ICE replacement...the tank is just too small, and depending on where you live, the compromises may be too great. In a multi-car stable, it's great, and I just put a deposit on one today, but it's a fully loaded Giga trim. Should have it next week.
Appreciate 0