06-19-2014, 08:48 PM   #15
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh View Post
The only way to get one that expensive is the Tera trim level with the REx. I wasn't all that overwhelmed by all leather, and for around town, the REx probably isn't a great idea, either. I think people will be very happy with it IF they can either rent or borrow or have a second car for longer trips. I would NOT consider the i3 with a REx as a full ICE replacement...the tank is just too small, and depending on where you live, the compromises may be too great. In a multi-car stable, it's great, and I just put a deposit on one today, but it's a fully loaded Giga trim. Should have it next week.
Ok, so even if you stick with the Giga without REx, same options otherwise, I'm still over $50k. So my point remains the same, it's well into 328/335 territory. That's a lot for a car that basically requires a second (or 3rd) car. And while the REx shouldn't be expected to make this an ICE replacement, I don't think anyone thinks it does. It's a back-up plan and a way to stretch it just a bit further, nothing more.

My BMW i3 Details
70 - 110 miles per charge
Fully charged in approximately 3.5 hours
See all standard features
BASE MSRP
$41,350
Giga World$1,700
Solar Orange Metallic w/Frozen Grey accent$550
Giga Cassia Natural Leather & Carum Spice Grey Wool Cloth$0
Sport 20" BMW i Light Alloy Double Spoke wheels style 430 w/mixed tires$1,300
Parking Assistant Package$1,000
Technology + Driving Assistant Package$2,500
DC Fast Charging (SAE)$700
Heated front seats$350
Destination & Handling:$925
BMW Ultimate ServiceŽ
A suite of premium benefits that are included at no cost with all new BMW Vehicles.
Up to 4 Years/50,000 Miles WarrantyIncluded
Up to 4 Years/50,000 Miles
Maintenance ProgramIncluded
Up to 4 Years/Unlimited Mileage
Roadside AssistanceIncluded
Total MSRP as Built $50,375
Estimate $42,875
Includes $7,500 federal tax incentive.
Learn More
OwnersChoice Payment $631/mo
Appreciate 0