View Single Post
      07-07-2014, 04:21 PM   #19
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

So I know this coming from me will be amusing, since I’ve beat on BMW and the i3 pretty good these past few months. I had a chance to test drive the EV i3 today. It is quite impressive I do have to say. I was surprised how well it did handle and how it has some BMW DNA in it. It is an impressive performing machine. The acceleration is good for cut and thrust traffic carving (like any BMW should be) and it was quite stable in the turns I was able to take. The on-road straight line stability seemed a bit trammeling and the re-gen braking is not subtle by any means; that would take some getting used to. It has some wind noise to it too, but just because the ambient noise floor is so low from no engine exhaust and gear whine. It is ugly as all get out, and the interior was weird to me; there is too much dash to windshield-base ratio making it a big well of space. The drive selector is goofy, but hey it’s an electric, so it needs some unconventionality to it. The back seat is far too difficult to get in and out of; the front entry exit is wonderful. Trunk space is about the size of my Wife’s Z3. If you as a long-time BMW owner drove it blindfolded, you’d definitely know it was a BMW. But let's not kid ourselves it is no 3-series with a sport package. I’m hoping it will look better in white…

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 07-07-2014 at 08:11 PM..
Appreciate 0