View Single Post
      05-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #14
Spaceman Spiff
Captain
Rep
Drives: R8, 996 C2, Z4MR (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 宝马.e90 View Post
Why would you want this fail? Because it's not the super car you want? You do realize it's not meant to be a commercial success right? So even if it sells 5-10 i8's, it's meant to showcase the technology for a fuel efficient cars which is the future...but yeah, hoping BMW fails with the i-Series is a great way of thinking. They won't try to improve the i-Series, instead finally decide to make a super car...
I know it's not meant to be a money maker, which is precisely what pisses me off. I don't have a problem with hybrids. In fact, I wouldn't mind if they made a whole fleet of i3s, i5s, etc. What I have a problem with is taking the one opportunity to make a halo car and turn it into this atrocity. It isn't like they give their engineers and the division heads an open budget to experiment with. There is a limited budget to create halo cars that aren't going to be a commercial success and if i8 is getting that budget, it only means a true R8 killer won't be made.

Also by failure I didn't mean commercial failure. Halo cars are not made with commercial success in mind. What BMW is seeking is prestige, good press and favorable reviews and that I hope will not be the case with this car.
Appreciate 0