Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorena View Post
Well, maybe i do hope that the whole BMW fails. This is not the BMW i know or want so why should i care? The BMW cars that i had and loved were from a different company it seems. That BMW didn't want to Toyota, or VW, that BMW instead wanted to what BMW used to be. You could feel the BMW principle in their cars, even the lesser models like the 318i E36 were different than other cars. But now this BMW wants to build FWD cars, MPV's, electric cars, heavy weight land yachts etc... and refuses to care about enthusiasts. Where is the Z4 M? Where is the M1? Why BMW isn't in F1? Why BMW doesn't support teams like Turner Motorsport or Dinan-Riley even though they help BMW keeping it sporty image?

Do you honestly think this car maker has anything in common with the company that people like Paul Rosche worked for in the past? I don't think so. BMW has lost it's principle. Badly. If this i project helped BMW from financial stand point to keep building REAL BMW cars, i would support it. But i know it's not gonna happen. So yes i hope it fails. CFRP is cool. I like to have CF parts in my car. But let's not forget the only reason that current BMW's need CF to lower their weight is because the same people who invest in CFRP project made cars fat.

You mentioned 7-Series in your post. Cool that the next one will be lighter. But look how much it's fatter than saying the E38? My Jaguar XJ weighs 1870kg. That's almost 150kg LESS than the 740i. It's funny. It's a Jag for gods sake. And it's a better driver car than the 7-Series. It's almost comical. When was the last time you saw a 5-Series having more weight more than E-Class? Let me tell you, it always was lighter than it's rival from Mercedes. Now which is heavier? The 5. Why is that? Because BMW went cheap and based the chassis on the 7-series' chassis. Why should i support BMW anymore? You tell me.

Don't get me wrong Mr. I don't have anything against you (how many people post under Scott26 username BTW?). You obviously are doing your job. But honestly i don't like it. It's cool to see BMW recognizes forums and put some people in charge for marketing. However i don't want someone from BMW ask me to change my mind because BMW wants to make more money. I'm not a share holder, and i also am not a badge whore so there is no reason for me to care about the future of BMW. The only reasons i had BMW cars in the past was because they suited me the best, but now that they don't i look for something else.

I just wish that you would report back to your supervisor and tell them about feedback you get from forums. Members here are not all the people who buy BMW's, but we sure do represent a small group of buyers, don't we?
This expresses everything I have thought of this new project. Thank you Soorena and listen up BMW: Your cars have lost their way.