View Single Post
      03-17-2024, 09:22 AM   #1
richard91206
Registered
Rep
Drives: i3

2017 i3. Is Dealer dishonest?

I have a 2017 i3. About 80k miles. Great car no issue until now… stopped charging at a charging station. Completely dead. Although lights and radio worked. Got towed to a dealer. They couldn’t figure out what was wrong without a full battery breakdown. They said that would be $3,400 in labor. But if battery under warranty then it would be covered. It wasn’t the battery (so labor not covered) I needed to replace the SME and S-Box. So labor parts $5,313. So, annoyed but ok. Then they call and say I need a new KLE. When I asked if that was original problem they said no. Then I asked them to do a battery health check, and they said they couldn’t without replacing the KLE. So original issue, and KLE is about $8,400. Also, I have asked for a breakdown and formal estimate. All I get is a text, with a list of parts and total cost. Thish seems very odd. They are asking me to spend $8,400 with no formal estimate? And won’t perform a battery health check without me first paying $8,400. Am I paranoid, or am I getting ripped off?
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615482.50