Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carac View Post
On the flip-side, I'm much more of the "just give me everything" mentality. Spec-ing out a 911 is aneurysm inducing, the "easiest" being the GT3 and GT3 RS, where everything you'd want in a car built for that purpose is standard.

It could have been worse, they could have made it $135k base with $40k in available options.

Also, it makes it WAAAAAY easier to find a second-hand car when they all come the same. Before I bought a CLK63 Black Series in 2010, the search variables consisted of condition, mileage, and color. No looking for one with the "sport suspension", "upgraded stereo", or "limited-slip" just "what color?"

I'm looking forward to the i8 as a tech statement from BMW in addition to everything else. They're basically saying "here's everything we know that's commercially viable thrown into one car." The latest materials, the latest drivetrain tech, the latest user interface systems, etc.

It looks like the future. It's the first hybrid I would actually drive. And it doesn't cost a million dollars like the P1, 918, and LaFerrari. Done deal for me.
+1 I think it is a bargain supercar; may not be as quick as 458 (or 918) on track, but bet just as much fun to drive and own. Too bad I was so late on the wait list...
Appreciate 0