View Single Post
      02-24-2014, 11:19 AM   #20
bosz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Ordered

The majority of ppl who purchase an i8 will be the ones who've been buying new from BMW for a long long time. They are the ones who dont switch brands ever (or too often). They choose from the options BMW gives them, and when the get to that point in their lives where they want a more exclusive 2 seater, they would consider an i8. The sales rep will do the usual: build them a deal where their current car is traded in for an i8 for a great payment plan blablabla. The sales rep will take this indivudial for a test drive in an i8 which I'm sure will feel fast compared to the 5 series or 7 series he or she is trading in and will win over their heart and sign a deal right there! This type of individual is not very well researched in making car buying decisions, but will just almost blindly buy any car BMW makes bc of BMW's brand name.

For many other enthusiasts, i8 just doesn't make sense for the obvious reasons we've all spoken about here many times. I bet the i8 will be a heavily depreciating car (as are many other BMW's such as M5, M6, 7 series etc) compared to say an R8 or a Gallardo or 911 Turbo etc.