View Single Post
      03-09-2024, 12:59 PM   #301
Bogey99
Rep
Drives: BMW iX 50, Genesis GV60

Quote:
Originally Posted by javapro View Post
Submitting a credit app just enables you to lock in lease programs for 3 months and doesn’t obligate to anything. As I mentioned already, you should try to get at least 10% off MSRP. Here is a sample lease calculator link with 10% off. I am not sure what your tax rate is but I think it’s around 9-10% in CA, so I used 10%. I used dealer fee and registration and title (government fees) numbers from my lease but those get paid upfront in your case, so won’t affect your monthly payment. Also, west coast lease program this month is pretty attractive - 0.0005 money factor and 54% residual for 36/10K. With all that I got $757 per month and if you do 7 MSDs (I highly recommend that you do), it will be only $702 a month. So, your $930 number is not so good in my opinion.

https://leasehackr.com/calculator?ma...sult_mode=true
California taxes monthly, not upfront on the total lease payments like you have in the calculator. That change puts it at $832/mo with $4K due at signing. Sounds like his quote has less due at signing (acquisition fee and dealer fees rolled into lease?), so maybe $860-$880 for a true comparison. Still better than $930 but not as much of a difference as you calculated.
Appreciate 0