Jo-Sta07
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ferrari 458, BMW i8, Acura NSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder
Another update. At now close to 1,000 miles on the odometer the car doesn't feel any faster. I have put 2 more tanks of gas and I'm using the highest octane we have here in California (91).

One note - my accel test above was done with all the nannies on and of course no launch control. I have since found "sports traction" which I drive in now. Not complete DSC off but it's the quick push of DSC. Holding it down for a longer period turns it completely off. I'm finding the car does launch better in Sports Traction mode. So I'm confident that the car can produce some quicker times but doubt the terminal 1/4 mile speed or the 60-130 will be any better. Plus the brakes suck sooo bad I wouldn't want to try another 60-130 ever again unless I could coast down to double-digit speeds before applying the brakes.

The torque is plentiful in this car. If I was to get a tune, it would have to be one that provides a boost profile that is linear with rpm - so the higher the rpm the higher the boost. Because that's where this car needs the additional power. More torque in the mid range will not help anything.
I was waiting for your update. I didn't even know that 91 was the hugest octane fuel in Cali. But I doubt 93 would be a big noticeable difference anyway. I'm wondering how did the magazines post so much better 0-60 times than BMW if your experience real world results don't match up to it. It's gotta come down to using launch control or not right?
Launch control in mags was in the 3.6-3.8 second range and without LC it was about .7-.9 slower so his times make sense. I've yet to do a LC from dig and I just crossed the 500 mile mark.
Appreciate 1