Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorena
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChRR1000S View Post
Who buys this crap? Id rather spend 36k to keep a E46 320D running for the next 20 years before buying a car this ugly....

I am curious about how "green" the production of these "ECO" - Cars really are, and after all, the production of electricity still causes CO2 emissions / radioactive waste.

Untill the Production of Electricity isnt 100% nuclear/coal/fossile fuel and emission free I will stick to combustion engines.
Well put. If you are a regular buyer who just want something cheap to run, i don't see how this junk makes sense. It's ugly, it's not much cheaper to fully charge your batteries than filling up your tank (at least not in here), i bet maintaining is pricier (you don't swap your engine every 5 year), and i don't think they will be reliable (Electric glitches are part of BMW standard equipment) and at 36,000, this is way too expensive.

If you are a so-called environmentalist, things are a bit different. If you think God created you just to make world a better place for baby penguins and your life-time goal is hugging as many trees as you can my first recommendation to you is walking. That's the least polluting way of transportation. Then there is the Blue Motion VW's. Polo Blue Motion helps environment more than EV's (coal still is the biggest source of electricity). You can even get a sub 100 gr/km CO2 Golf diesel and while you are helping muses, you will help yourself by driving a very decent car that will do anything that i3 does plus more. And when you run out of fuel, you can simply refuel in a station in just few seconds something that an EV simply can't.

Hope this i project fails. At that point BMW have to get back to something they did best and that's making real cars.
+1000000000000000000 to what you last said