View Single Post
      06-29-2013, 05:34 AM   #44
manuelf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh View Post
If you're making a city car, it doesn't really need great aerodynamics which really only come to play with higher speeds; so, it comes down to packaging - can you get passengers in and out along with room for parcels typically associated with shopping. In this, a box is more efficient.

If you look at it from an engineering viewpoint, efficiency is beauty. This should be both efficient and roomy for its intended use...form after function.

As to wheelbase, a shorter one means a smaller turning circle with less expensive steering/suspension components making maneuvering in what may be tight, busy, narrow city streets, and sneaking into smaller parking spaces easier and a shorter wheelbase isn't as big a deal at lower speeds of a typical city car.

So, it all depends on how you perceive it - as an extended trip cruiser, it will probably not excel, but as a good car to shoot those small slots in city, commuting traffic, it should.

It should meet 90% of my driving needs which isn't enough to make it my only car. That is, if my folding recumbent trike will fit in the back! It would make getting to the trailhead nice, especially since short trips are not great on the wear and tear for a typical gasoline powered vehicle, and nearly everything I generally need is within its range.
Never thought that there are still people visiting this site, which make elaborate/mature comments like this.
Thank you. The majority in forums unfortunately behaves like 13 years old kids on schoolyard spouting off their gut feeling ... i.e. only accepting super sports car designs as acceptable...
Yes - the design is discussible - but the expetation to see a Tesla Roadster like setup is ... ridiculous.
Appreciate 0