Drives: i3 on order

i3 on order - more questions

Just put a BEV i3 on order with this configuration:

Giga
- Parking Assistant
- Tech + Driving Package
- Heated seats
- DC Fast charging

The dealer is not terribly knowledgeable; hopefully some existing owners can help me with some questions:

1) Comfort vs EcoPro

- How much does the steering response change? It seems a bit twitchy on the freeway.
- Pros and Cons from your experience?

2) Real world range

I've read lots about the "guess o meter". With my ICE car I try not to tempt fate too often and fill the tank when the "low fuel" idiot light comes on. While 80 may be the rated range, what is the usable range? What do you keep in "reserve"?

3) How much did the dealer knock off MSRP?

Mine knocked of $1K and I suspect I could get more. How about you?

4) In the specs it list the battery capacity as gross/net 22KWh / 18.8 KWh. I understand the concept of gross/net, but what is it "net" of? Is there some sort of reserve?

5) DC fast chargers

I've read about the BMW fast DC charger plan, but it's not clear to me where they will be and who will operate them. I plan to use them as a backup, not my every day charge, so the NRG offering of about $10 / charge ($5 + .20 / min) or $15/mo is not terribly attractive, especially when I think their might be one within 10miles of my house. This doesn't seem to be in the same league as the Tesla Superchargers. Anyone understand what BMW is really doing on this? What other chargers can make use of the $700 feature I just ordered.

Thank you for your patience and sharing your knowledge.

Cheers!

Last edited by Boatguy; 08-03-2014 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 0