09-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #9
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The i3 is certainly not dead as for the Tesla comparisons we do not have a product that competes directly with the Model S. I wish people would stop comparing the i3 to the Model S because it is not a direct competitor .
I had to correct many journalists in regards to that fact. The i3 is a purely urban concept , but i3 is purely going to be the game changer for conventional manufacturers.

The highlight of IAA press day ? Watching the faces of the senior executives of our direct competitors investigating the i3 and i8.
In regards to the 7er? We sell the 7er globally , Tesla sells against the 7er only in the USA.

When the BMW i5 comes on stream then we can see how BMWi will compete directly with Tesla . That is when it gets interesting...
+1

Interesting that not only people here on the forum but journalists also make this bizarre comparison.

Makes no sense to me.

Considering what BMW i is doing, I am certain the i5 will look and perform as it needs to in order to put Tesla Model S in its place. And there is no design comparison of BMW i design language to that of Tesla (which I often mistake for Hyundai or Kia, and there are a ton of these Model S everywhere in my area already).
Appreciate 0