06-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #22
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
Yeah, delivered to people whom don't have jobs... & celebrity status for buying a car..? I just don't get it...

Or is this car for people who are too uppity for a Lambo..? Seems like a lot of fanfare for a delivery. Too much "Me" involved in the I-series, does each customer get a mini-video of themselves being presented an I-car..?

I guess I don't understand the image thing, but Miami Vice..?
The car sells itself without all this pretentious "brand image" stuff going on. The car in a vacuum of marketing and hype is amazing. The design, the engineering, etc. are all great. Then I see the marketing material, the events, the kind of image of buyer they want to project and I am completely turned off. I don't want to have any part of that. It's not enough to make me not want the car but it's the same reason I have avoided Ferraris and Lambos to this point. Both companies make amazing cars but the majority of owners are THE WORST type of people. People I don't want to be casually associated with in any way, shape, or form.

I'm sure some of those people are very nice, down to Earth, and BMW probably asked everyone invited to adhere to a dress code or at least told them there would be a lot of pictures/press but it still makes my eyes roll backwards.

I'm buying the i8 because it's amazing in it own right...but it's still a car. Here's hoping my dealer doesn't turn the delivery into what looks like a cancer research charity dinner.
Appreciate 0