12-18-2017, 09:50 AM   #105
Rekla
Hug the road... Carpe Asphalt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 ///M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink2814 View Post
Dealer showed me the sheet for what a 2017 i3 qualifies for as far as rebates.
$7500 Federal
$2000 which was either holiday or loyalty, but it wasn’t both.
So $9500 from BMW, then another $2500 if you live in Cali.
I was quoted about 9.5% off msrp, but I’m hoping to do better. I’m guessing they might have better programs for January to get rid of the build up in inventory but the money factor might go up a tad too because they just raised the fed rates. If I can get 13% off msrp I’ll close the deal this year, otherwise I might wait to see if January programs are better to help move them.
If the new tax bill is passed as is, January 1st the federal incentive of $7,500 is no longer available. The 'proposed house version' of the new tax bill repeals this incentive:

Present Law
A credit is available for new four-wheeled vehicles (excluding low speed vehicles and vehicles weighing 14,000 pounds or more) propelled by a battery with at least 4 kilowatt-hours of electricity that can be charged from an external source. The base credit is $2,500 plus $417 for each kilowatt-hour of additional battery capacity in excess of 4 kilowatt-hours (for a maximum credit of $7,500). Qualified vehicles are subject to a 200,000 vehicle-per manufacturer limitation. Once the limitation has been reached the credit is phased down over four calendar quarters.

House Bill:
The provision repeals the credit for plug-in electric drive motor vehicles.

Effective date:
The provision is effective for vehicles placed in service in taxable years beginning after December 31, 2017.

Senate Amendment:
No provision.