Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
I am keeping my mind open as well...
BUT
A picture worth a thousand words right?
This is the vehicle that was presented at NYIAS !
I strongly believe that this is outrageous for a such car, at a such price that tries to put out a certain image.
That appears to be a cutout in the bottom for either demonstration purposes or ease of access on the prototype, or a removed panel. With aerodynamics being a top priority, I doubt they would leave a big unfinished hole in one of the most important areas for air flow. Also notice that this appears to be a cleaned up test example. Signs of salt residue around seals, "fuel" filler flap. If that area on the bottom wasn't normally covered it would be in a lot worse shape under there.

Also, these are preproduction examples/prototypes so the final tooling, tolerances, fit & finish weren't complete when they were made. I personally don't have any problems with the things you've listed so I'll withhold judgement until I get a chance to sit in the one I order when it arrives in July (barring delays). I doubt I will but I have the option of passing and getting my deposit back...but that probably won't be necessary. I have driven and owned cars with a higher sticker than the i8 with more glaring issues than the ones you point to. It's hard to make the "worth my money" call until you've had a chance to sit in, drive, and experience a car. For instance, it's really easy for me to say a 918 could never be worth the $850k+ they're asking without ever experiencing it. It might be worth every penny...and so might the i8.

Last edited by Carac; 04-21-2014 at 03:00 PM..
Appreciate 0