View Single Post
      04-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #42
X3paul
Banned
Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Please remember that some of the textiles in areas such as the glove compartment and sun visors conform to the new premium image of using sustainable materials in both the i3 and i8. These have been recycled for input into the i8 as new materials.

Although they look cheap to you there are part of the whole sustainable image BMWi promotes.

FYI the V-Klasse touch pad command controller is available on optional on all Mercedes-Benz cars.

For BMW we are heading towards to new level of connectivity in which iDrive will dispense with a rotating knob and moving to a touch dial and connected drive tablet as showcased on the Vision Future Luxury concept car.
Ahahah thats rich. So the new premium image bmw wants to convey is cheapness? lol

And to correct your post the materials dont look cheap to me. They ARE cheap.

I am sad to know that the idrive knob is going however. Always been a favourite, specially the first incarnation i had on my E65 7. Best one ever designed. I bit off topic but that car one day will be in a museum, specially its interior. quality wasnt to par with todays cars but its design was utopian. One could clearly see the thought put into it. Kudos to Mr Bangle and its team

Also unrelated but I hate those full digital instrument displays. the S class ones look like those cheap ipad knockoffs. I hope bmw keeps at least the speedo and rev needles as optional. And if bmw wants to know how to design one that does not look cheap I can lend them my E9 Csi for them lol
Appreciate 0