View Single Post
      06-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #47
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
Yea, screw the M1 or 507 or the 3200CS with the first ever hofmeister kink!
10 interesting facts regarding the Innovative BMWi3.
Internally it is referred to as Acorn. Once it is planted it will grow and expand.

1. The i3 is the worlds first mass produced CFRP bodied automobile.
It is also the first technology advanced BMW in this generation.
2. BMW have developed CFRP production to be cost effective for their needs at a cost which is considerably much less than its competitors.
3. The next BMW 7er will lead the first BMW to be developed with extensive CFRP.
4. The BMWi cars along with BMWs with EfficientDynamics and forthcoming FWD UKL cars mean BMW will make their EC and CAFE targets ahead of their competitors.
5. The BMWi cars will be backed fully by BMW.
6. The BMWi cars answer a new question? Can Electric mobility still have Sheer Driving Pleasure?
7. The BMW i3 and BMW i8 are not existing BMW models electrified.
8. BMWi is about changing the image of electric mobility.
9. BMWi has 600 firm orders for the i3 and over 100,000 test drives booked.
10. BMW invested a total of 1Billion euros in Project-i which covers the development of manufacturing , design and infrastructure.
Other areas of industry are queuing up to ally themselves with BMW in order to revolutionise their respective industries by purchasing CFRP from BMW. In the long term allowing BMW to recoup its initial investment.

The overall investment with projecti is crucial to BMW Groups Strategy no.1. Retaining the BMW Groups independence. It also illustrates BMWs lead in innovation over its competitors.

Last edited by SCOTT26; 06-29-2013 at 06:24 AM..
Appreciate 0