08-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #10
Tilum
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
Good news sounds like the info is aligned with what we've been seeing/hearing here. It's a gamble though because you don't know if it will be available by March.

I'd just get the car so you can drive it already and then just buy the Display Key. Or see if the dealer will throw it in.

As much as I love the Display Key, I don't think it's worth holding up an order for 3-4 months and then still have no guarantee of it being available.

I know you have some UK specific things with the registration, though, so if that's a factor then it makes more sense.
Agreed, I even tried to get it written into my contract that should the Display Key become available that they discount it (fully or partially) if I take the car early. But the dealer couldn't commit to that, instead just writing in the contract that I had the right to amend my order if the Display Key (and Laser Lights) became available.

My car was pushed back to Feb-15 so I had got used to the idea of taking it then (or rather in March due to the registration change). Plus there were a couple of (personal) reasons why taking delivery in March may prove more beneficial than taking it in December... decisions, decisions LOL.
Appreciate 0