View Single Post
      05-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #22
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

The incentive is usually $1000, but it's also usually listed that way in the promotion when you register. Not sure why they didn't spell it out this time. It is also usually applicable to any new BMW, with some exceptions, NOT just the one you're test driving.

This one could be different since it appears they are only bringing the i3, where the other drive events had all BMW's available. For example, I did the Olympic Drive Event when they were promoting the (at the time) new 6 series. You could drive the 6 series with no salesman because BMW NA brought the car, but there were also cars from competitors (mercedes in my dealership's case) and every BMW model line. The $1000 credit was not limited to the 6 series, I used it on an X3. Similarly, I did a drive event last year expecting to use it on our X5, but ended up getting an F15 instead of one of the last E70's, and the credit expired before they released any F15's, effectively (and likely intentionally) excluding the F15 from that credit.

But again, this one appears to be only for the i3, so it could be different. I am willing to bet the credit won't be limited to the i3, however. My guess is, this year's drive event is just geared towards the newest offering, the i3. Doesn't mean they don't still want to sell their other cars
Appreciate 0