View Single Post
      08-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #6
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

"....Update with an inside tip:

M 50 d – Is the Tri-Turbo Performance diesel , It will appear in the 5er upwards.
The new 6er due to be unveiled this year will also receive this engine partly because the best selling 6er is the 635d.

Urbanic – Is referred to a specification for the Mega City Vehicle.

Gran Coupe – Is defined by it’s relation to the Gran Turismo which will be seen as a four door coupe-sedan based on the 6er and eventually the 7er. It is understood to keep CS for any M derived vehicles instead of applying CS to this concept.
Gran Coupe sounds more mature than Coupe Sedan.

Compactive and Compactive Tourer – are ideas that BMW are putting through as feasible to offset the 1 / 3er platforms . They are seen as new concept think as a RWD X6 in shape and eqiually distinguishable Crossover/Tourer – Its the next step for the mooted “Y” series known internally as the Sport Activity Compact ,and compactive Tourer is BMW’s answer to a compact flexible concept like the upcoming MINI “Spacebox”

i – Begins our naming structure for the Project-i sub brand within BMW to which it is plainly obvious to which name the sub-brand will use. i1 – i9 is trademarked for continuity .e – Join eDrive as fully fledged electric driven models through BMW’s core product range. 1-9 is to provide continuity with the trademark but there is nothing in planning for the 8 and 9er. eDrive will be seen on lower models of the BMW portfolio with Active Hybrid taking over the upper echelons of the BMW Portfolio.
.... "
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0