View Single Post
      11-19-2017, 01:55 PM   #1
DDave
Rep
Drives: G35

Running costs for owning i8

New to this forum and need assistance please regarding used i8. Need honest runnings cost for owning i8. Running cost of maintenance after warranty expires. Please answer questions below:

1. Cost for oil changes after warranty is expired.

2. Cost of 30,000 mile schedule (inspection 1) service after expired warranty.

3. Cost of 60,000 mile scheduled (inspection 2) service after expired warranty ( I believe this includes spark plugs to be changed)

4. Insurance cost on i8 in USA

5. Common issues with vehicle and cost to fix it

6. Drivetrain causing issues and cost to fix

7. Drivetrain malfunction causing car to power off by itself while driving on road and not turning back On. How did you resolve it and cost?

8. Can you purchase extended warranty? If yes, when can you purchase (before 36,000 mile warranty expires). Cost and warranty info (miles and years)

9. How many cycles can the i8 battery be charged? How long is the life of the battery?10 years, 20 years..etc

10. Cost of replacing a bad battery? Do you have to replace all batteries or can you just replace the cells that are bad? Cost of battery and replacement.

Please include any other information in regards to running costs of owning an i8.
This will really assist in making my decision on what year i8 to purchase, with or without warranty.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0