View Single Post
      08-05-2014, 06:32 AM   #21
JasH
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: McLaren & Ferrari & i8 & i3

Exclamation Email (extract) I sent to BMW - please feel free to copy and send if you agree

I do have a significant complaint about the car however, and I am not alone amongst i8 customers in voicing it (online). Can you please ask the i8 software engineers to look into updating the car’s software to fix this.

For a fast sports car, the gear indication is extremely small and hard to see when in full manual mode. Ideally, the gear the car is in should be displayed centrally in the RPM dial when in full manual mode, and perhaps also in Sports mode. Related to this, and equally seriously, the HUD should be able to be configured to show the RPM and gear when in Sports mode. This would be infinitely more valuable than speed for example.

These are the most serious flaws with the i8 in my opinion, yet they should be relatively easy to fix.

Something similar that would be “nice to have” would be if the interior lighting would automatically switch to red when engaging Sports mode.

Please do pass this to the software engineers and the i8 development team, as these flaws otherwise detract from what is a ground-breaking car.

Last edited by JasH; 08-05-2014 at 07:08 AM..
Appreciate 0