02-18-2014, 11:41 AM   #15
tommolog
Tom Moloughney
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 i3s BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP View Post
I can't help but wonder how many wrecks will be caused when i3 owners/drivers switch back to a regular vehicle that doesn't stop on its own when you pull your foot off of the "gas" pedal? Humans are such creatures of habit, that I would bet money it will happen to some i3 owners/drivers. Or they will have a quick panic when they realize the vehicle is not slowing down on its own and then jam on the brakes real hard.
I suppose it's possible, but that hasn't been the case so far. Granted it's a much smaller pool but I have been in BMW's e-mobility program for five years now, along with over 1,000 others and I haven't heard of any incident like this. Yes, we have discussed this amongst ourselves (the possibility of it happening) but in reality, pretty much as soon as you get back in your other car that doesn't have regenerative braking, your mind adjusts to it without even thinking about it. I've driven over 140,000 electric miles since 2009 and probably about 10,000 in my gasoline car and I haven't had any problems bouncing back and forth between them, many time it's even on the same day.

Last edited by tommolog; 02-19-2014 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 0