View Single Post
      01-20-2024, 05:51 PM   #25
Spss
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL1984 View Post
Hi everyone, newbie here so would love some insight on my 2015, 13,000 miles i8 issue.

Apologies the the length of this.. here's a quick run through.

Car has been idle on drive for 6 or so weeks (lock down in UK) Not on charge though as I wasn't using it.

Received an email from 'connected drive' at BMW on June 5th advising if the vehicle has been left for a prolonged period to charge it.

I went to charge it and yep, doesn't charge anymore.

I get the error "mains power too low" and just a spinning disc on the dash (pictures attached, apologies for the dust!).

I spoke to BMW assist who advised I drive to a service station where they have chargers with a higher voltage output so see if this jump starts the charging procedure.. did that it still wouldn't charge.

Strange thing is in sport mode the battery charges up absolutely fine.. its currently up to 11 miles of electric range but it still will not charge from the mains or a service station.

Has anybody else had this issue or have any experience with BMW when battery/charging issues arise?

I am booked in for July 1st (earliest they could do) and I'm hoping this will come under the battery warranty as the 3 year warranty has lapsed.

I'm sure they will try and say the charger isn't the battery but I would say they are intrinsically connected.. so i'm hoping the fact BMW emailed advising to charge after a prolonged period of being idle, would mean they're aware of potential issues and hopefully its covered.

Really appreciate any feedback or advice, if anyone has questions please let me know.
Hey, what was the outcome on this issue to resolve? I am having the same problem.
Appreciate 0